Food Trucks, live entertainment, moon bounces, obstacle course, glow-in-the dark sports games, balloon sculptures, face painting, glitter tattoos…and more!
About 1 mile from the O’Connor Music Studio, off route 50 at 12401 Alder Woods Drive, Fairfax, VA 22033
Invite your friends and neighbors! We’re going to have a blast! And as part of this fun evening, we’re having a Pender’s Got Talent Show (similar to “America’s Got Talent” Show but with Pender’s very own judges and MC!)
• 1930 ~ Hoagy Carmichael recorded Georgia on My Mind on the Victor label. Georgia on My Mind has been the official state song of Georgia since 1922. The song has been recorded by many artists over the years.
• 1934 ~ NBC radio presented The Gibson Family to American audiences. The program was the first musical comedy to be broadcast. The show originated from the studios of WEAF in New York City.
• 1940 ~ Jimmy Gilmer, Singer with Jimmy Gilmer and the Fireballs
• 1941 ~ Les (William) Braid, Bass, organ with The Swinging Blue Jeans
• 1945 ~ Jessye Norman, American soprano
• 1955 ~ Betty Robbins (Mrs. Sheldon Robbins) became the first woman cantor at services held at Temple Avodah in Oceanside, Long Island, New York.
• 1980 ~ The Elephant Man made its debut on Broadway with rock singer David Bowie in his acting debut.
• 2001 ~ Billy Hilfiger, a musician and younger brother of fashion mogul Tommy Hilfiger, died after a lengthy battle with cancer. He was 45. Hilfiger worked as a landscape architect in New York City but was best known as an avid guitarist. He played with former members of the rock band Blue Oyster Cult and with another brother, Andy Hilfiger, among others.