Enrich your holiday season by singing the glorious Christmas portion of Handel’s Messiah with guest soloists, Crossley Danielle Hawn, soprano; Barbara Hollinshead, mezzo; C. J. David, tenor and Richard Giarusso, bass. Dr. Allan Laino, conducting; David B. Lang, organist.
Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 7:30 pm
St. John Neumann Catholic Church
$15* General Admission (Singers and Audience)
Free for Children 12 and Under
$5 Music Rental (or bring your own – I have some copies to lend, if you ask at your next lesson)
Tickets available online or at the door 30 minutes prior to program.
*Bring a new or gently used coat or other new winterwear (hat, gloves, scarves, heavy socks, etc.) to donate to Cornerstones’ Coat Closet, and receive a $5 discount on admission.
• 1918 ~ Milton DeLugg, Bandleader on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson; Milton DeLugg and His Orchestra: Abe Burrows’ Almanac, The Chuck Barris Rah Rah Show, Dagmar’s Canteen, Doodles Weaver, The Gong Show, Judge for Yourself, Your Hit Parade; played accordion in The Milton DeLugg Quartet and songwriter
• 1928 ~ Jörg Demus, Austrian pianist
• 1934 ~ Billy Paul (Paul Williams), Singer
• 1941 ~ Tom McGuinness, Bass, guitar with Manfred Mann; McGuinness Flint; and Blues Band
• 1942 ~ Ted Bluechel, Jr., Singer, drummer with The Association
• 1944 ~ Eric Bloom, Singer, guitarist
• 1945 ~ John Densmore, Musician with The Doors
• 1952 ~ Michael McDonald, Singer, songwriter, keyboard with The Doobie Brothers
• 1960 ~ Rick Savage, Bass with Def Leppard
• 1972 ~ Motown’s Temptations reached the #1 spot on the top 40 charts with Papa Was a Rollin’ Stone. It was the fourth #1 hit for the Temptations, joining My Girl, I Can’t Get Next to You and Just My Imagination.