Not enough practice, too much self-doubt. LOL
1686 ~ Nicola Porpora, Italian composer
• 1838 ~ A total of 138 singing teachers traveled to Boston, MA to attend the first music convention.
• 1903 ~ Abram Chasins, American pianist, composer, writer and educator
• 1909 ~ Larry Clinton, Bandleader, composer
• 1920 ~ Georgia Gibbs (Fredda Lipson or Gibson), ‘Her Nibs’, Singer
• 1932 ~ Duke Pearson, Composer, band leader, pianist
• 1947 ~ Gary Talley, Guitarist with Big Star as well as The Box Tops
• 1948 ~ John Cheek, American bass-baritone
• 1953 ~ Kevin Rowland, Guitarist, singer with Dexy’s Midnight Runners
• 1955 ~ Kevin Moulding, Songwriter, singer, bass with XTC
• 1958 ~ Belinda Carlisle, Guitarist, singer with The Go-Go’s
• 1965 ~ Steve Gorman, Drummer with The Black Crowes
• 1970 ~ Donnie Wahlberg, Singer with New Kids on the Block and brother of Marky Mark
• 1984 ~ On this, the first night of his Breaking Hearts Tour, Elton John announced that he was retiring from touring.
• 1990 ~ Pearl Mae Bailey passed away. She had entertained two generations with her stage and record performances.