Here are ten things you should never say to the piano teacher.
1. She doesn’t practice because she’s not feeling challenged.
2. What do you do for work, do you have a real job?
3. I don’t get paid until the end of the month. Can I bring the lesson money then?
4. She has never shown much interest in the piano, but can she try it anyway?
5. I never tried to play as a child, so there’s no chance I can learn to do this now.
6. I had a busy week, so I sat down on Saturday afternoon and practiced solidly for three hours to make up for all the days I had missed.
7. I can’t play this piece yet. Why are you trying to teach me something new?
8. I really want to play guitar, but my father told me piano would give me a good musical foundation.
9. I can’t believe how little I have improved in all that time.
10. My friend is getting married next week, and I told her I could learn the Wedding March just in time!
Read more at Ten Things You Should Never Say to Your Piano Teacher.